Thursday, May 26, 2016

First ride off-road!

Had my first off road excursion albeit a mild one.  A friend has some single track back in his woods, a field with some hills and mud pits and a large area of open field with overgrown grass.  I tried the hills/mud trail first and with the OEM road tires is wasn't much fun.  Yay for traction control on setting 1.  We rode straight into this one so I didn't think about turning anything off or turning on gravel setting.  The back end was sliding like crazy.  After that we went to the open field and I think this will be a good place for me to start off roading this bike.



Its just an overgrown field but there are old ruts and some bumps and dips.


Nothing too exciting by any means, but it felt good to get the boots on some dirt and get a feeling for the other half of what this bike was made for.  Even at 5'8" I did pretty well with the bike in thes conditions.  It never felt unruly or too much to handle.  I do think I'll get the short seat for any other off road excursions as I could still use a little more foot on the ground.  More to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment