Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wildcat Mountain ride.

Had a great ride with a friend this Memorial day.  We headed west until a plan formed and then we decided on heading up to Wildcat Mountain in driftless area in western WI.  http://driftlesswisconsin.com/

I had my first real taste of gravel road riding and started to get a feel for the bike in the corners during this section of the ride.  I'm really in need of some different tires if I'm going to do anything but gravel roads in the future and I've....just lost 60m to youtube and forums looking at tires.

E-07 Dakar and the Heidenau K60 Scout are on my short list.  I'll just need to get some reviews from the other AT riders before I fully commit I think.  In the meantime dry fields and gravel roads will do me just fine.



The route:



First stop for grub and gas.

Typical road in the driftless area.  Everything around here was just beautiful.

Our gravel riding start.  We had about 45m on these roads which all interconnected.  Lots of fun back here and this was just one section.  Lots of these just right off the main highway.

At Wildcat Mtn, lookout point.
 A view from the edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment